Mommy On The Go: DIY Push-Pops
Along with the joys of summer come the terrible heat waves. And on those days, where you and the kids are sweating through your clothes, nothing is more refreshing than a frozen treat. The last thing you want to do on a hot sticky afternoon is clean up a mess of ice cream or a spilled smoothie. One way to avoid the hassle- make the kids push-pops! It’s the perfect frozen treat to not only avoid the inevitable mess, but also cool both you and the kids down with refreshing fruity goodness. The DIY recipe’s are also super easy, involving only two to three steps. Step one, get the Jokari Push Pop Container! Step two: choose a recipe. Step three: enjoy!
Recipe: Orange Sherbert
- 2 cups pineapple juice chilled
- 1 2-liter bottle orange soft drink, chilled
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Pour ingredients into the bowl of an ice cream mixer. Process sherbet according to manufacturer's directions.
- While the sherbert is still soft. carefully pour it into plastic molds. Freeze upright for several hours until hard.
Recipe: Mango Vanilla Honey
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 cups coconut milk (out of the refrigerator section)
- 3 tablespoons honey or agave
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pour all of the contents into a blender and puree on high.
- Pour into push up pop mold or popsicle molds and freeze until solid. Enjoy!
Recipe: Blueberry Peach
- 1 cup – blueberries
- 1 medium – peach
- 1 cup – Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup – almond milk, unsweetened
- Blend together in a high powered blender until smooth.
- Pour into molds and freeze. Enjoy!
- Jokari Orders