Repurposing with a Purpose: Cheese Grater Edition
At Jokari, we are huge fans of repurposing. Sure, you can get a lot of use out of products the way they were intended. But it’s incredible how many OTHER ways you can use things, too.
Our Healthy Steps Cheese Grater is AMAZING for portion control. It's easy to go overboard when it comes to adding cheese to salads or pasta or basically everything. This grater keeps serving sizes in mind and takes the guess work out of portion control.
Did you also know that our cheese grater could help you turn a bar of soap into liquid soap?
Let me say that again, this time demonstrating exactly how excited we are about this:
DID YOU ALSO KNOW THAT OUR CHEESE GRATER COULD HELP YOU TURN A BAR OF SOAP INTO LIQUID SOAP?!?!
That’s right. You can make a bottle of fancy liquid soap using our Jokari Portion Control Cheese Grater.
Here’s what you need:
2. Bar of soap (unscented or choose your favorite scent)
3. 1/2 Tablespoon Liquid Glycerin (Don’t get scared off by this! You can buy liquid glycerin online, at your local grocery store, or even at a drug store. You don't need much, but it's vital to not only thicken your soap but also give it a moisturizing benefit.)
4. Large Pot filled with 5 cups of water
5. Spatula, measuring cup and measuring spoons
6. Soap container with hand pump
7. Container for holding excess soap (This makes a lot of soap. You'll have extra. You can use a clean milk jug, mason jars, clean soda bottles...)
8. Funnel for pouring soap (have you tried this?)
9. Optional: essential oils for making scented soap (note: a little goes a long way with essential oils.)
Here’s what you do:
- Grate ½ cup of soap (one bar of soap will give you about a cup and a half of soap)
- In a large pot, add your grated soap, 5 cups of water, and ½ Tablespoon of Glycerin. Keep heat on medium low and stir until soap to dissolves. Remove from heat; allow to cool completely.
- Use your funnel to fill up your containers.
- Enjoy your new liquid soap!
- Jokari Blog